Thursday 21 August 2014

Why I think you should check out GameGrumps

Hello my lovelies!


Today I have a different kind of post, intact this one is going to be about my favourite Youtube Gaming Channel, GameGrumps. Directed by Arin and Danny (formerly Arin and Jon), as they say outrageously funny things whilst recording their game-play.



GameGrumps was created by Arin Hanson (Egoraptor) and JonTron (JonTronShow) in mid-2012. Around a year later, JonTron left to pursue his career with his channel JonTronShow, and was replaced by Danny Avidan - who also goes by the name 'Danny Sexbang' on his original channel, NinjaSexParty where he creates hilarious music and videos along with his partner, Ninja Brian. Barry is the editor of GameGrumps, as he sorts out the thumbnails, videos, etc - but regularly appears on the GameGrumps series'. Suzy is Arin's wife, and also regularly appears on GameGrumps, but also has her own beauty/advice channel, which is Mortem3r.



As of now, GameGrumps has over 1.7 million subscribers and over 660 million views in total - as    they have many spin-off series, such as: 




Steam Trainwhich is hosted by Ross who plays solely PC games, through the popular gaming hub - Steam (hence the name). There are also variations of Steam Train, depending on the season (E.G: Jingle Grumps, Ghoul Grumps)

GameGrumps Vs - a series hosted by Danny and Arin as they go head-to-head, playing a variety of games, for example: Fighting games and trivia games.

Steam Rolled - hosted by all 4 of the GameGrumps, with the exception of Danny in recent months - is where they all compete playing a game.

Table Flip - a unique series, where the Grumps play board games - sometimes with a guest - as they dress up and act like folk from the Victorian Era. (With the occasional dick-joke)

Guest Grumps - a series where each episode features a guest.

GameGrumps Animated - a chain of short videos in an animated style that highlight some of GameGrumps best moments. Created by Fans.



So why should you subscribe to them? 


Well, the truth is, I can't make you subscribe to them, or even watch them. But from my own experience, GameGrumps as a whole has helped me overcome my anxiety and enabled me to laugh and smile - even in the darkest times. They don't just make dick jokes,  they talk about real things in life; like their own personal stories. It enables the viewer to connect and relate with them, which is what i've found to be the most endearing thing. To me, GameGrumps is a family, and a place where I can feel safe. I can't believe I'm this attached to some random Gaming channel, but they have really changed my life, and I can always depend on them to cheer me up. They also play a variety of games, and their laid-back attitudes are relaxing. Sometimes I just have episodes playing the background. I love Arin, Suzy, Barry, Ross, and Dan, so much so that it is my wish to meet them and talk to them. Especially Suzy since she's the most precious and kindest person ever from what I can see on Twitter, and in her videos. 




   "Whether you come back on an iPad, or on    a computer screen, GameGrumps will always be there to welcome  you home."


Thanks for reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment